Koodam is a center that serves individuals and groups who need support with:
- Facilitation and
- Conflict transformation.
Koodam aims to enable a shift in our attitude towards difficult conversations, communication blocks and conflict, away from the idea of wrong vs. right and a judiciary system - towards the idea of multiple truths, conflict transformation and taking responsibility to engage with our own challenges.
Newsletter April 2014
As promised, here is our monthly newsletter. Here are some of the main things that happened during the last 4 weeks:
- Team: We have great news on the team front: Koodam has a second full time coordinator! Niva (Realization) is a trained and experienced mediator and has joined the coordinator team for a trial period of four months.
- Meetings: Koodam has open work meetings on every second Tuesday from 9 to 10 a.m. at the Unity Pavilion. Everybody is welcome. The next open team meeting will be on Tuesday, 29th of April 2014.
- Enquiries: Koodam has a steady stream of requests coming in – we are in the process of creating a database that will help us analyse the various needs that are brought to Koodam, as well as our capacities to serve those needs.
- Research: The research about conflict resolution in Tamil culture is going well and a lot of interesting input is being gathered. Thank you to all of you who give time to go through the interview questions with Vikram and Kumar!
- Mediation: The mediation trainees are getting ready to observe real cases soon, and the Koodam team is really happy about that, since for now we have a very limited number of mediators available.
- Facilitation: We are receiving an increasing amount of requests for meeting facilitation, which is great! However, we are very short of people who can do this work. If you have some experience in facilitating meetings, or are interested in learning the skills – we need you! Please call us or write, so we can have a talk about what this would mean in terms of time and energy.
Feel free to get in touch with us if you have any questions, ideas or feedback: Unity Pavilion Monday to Friday, 9 to 12, email to email@example.com or call 890 3306837.